Even though fly reels are becoming lighter and lighter, there is a portion of the fly fishing community that requires something a bit more robust to better balance their longer rods. The Animas S has been designed to that end with the Spey, Switch, and Saltwater fishermen in mind. It has been machined with a solid, one piece large-arbor spool devoid of porting, and a matching frame with the bare minimum amount of porting. This adds mass to the overall reel, allowing for proper balance when paired with a variety of two-handed rods.
The Animas S is based on the proven Animas platform, and shares all the same internal componentry as well as the color-accented fully-machined aluminum handle, drag knob, and spool release. The newly-improved drag delivers two times the pressure of the previous Animas, giving its Teflon-impregnated, saltwater-safe Delrin disc system the strength and smoothness that big water anglers are looking for.
In addition to the well-received 9/10 and 11/12 sizes, this year we have introduced the 7/8 size after many requests from those two-handers chasing fish with smaller Spey and switch rods.SOLID SPOOL / MINIMALLY PORTED FRAME
QUICK RELEASE LOCKING SPOOL
- Fully machined spool and frame have fewer porting holes to add mass to the reel while also increasing overall rigidity
PROPRIETARY DRAG SYSTEM
- Fully machined for increased strength and easy left-hand to righthand retrieve conversion
- Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon - a space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, selflubricating, and maintenance-free
- Fully machined, oversized aluminum handle with double helix grooves and reverse taper for increased control and grip
- For fast line retrieval and reduced line memory
- Custom two-tone type II anodized finish for the perfect balance of hardness and color