The Animas River flows rough and wild through southwest Colorado. Like its namesake, the Ross Reels™ Animas™ reel will keep running no matter what it faces. With a custom two-tone anodized finish and solid aluminum frame components, the reel is coupled with a liquid-smooth and powerful drag system with low start-up inertia. The drag has a tool-less, simple right-to-left hand conversion and protects even the lightest tippet, vital when demanding quarry makes blistering, unexpected runs. The large arbor aids in retrieving all the line that just went through the tip-top.
- FRAME/SPOOL MATERIAL - 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- MANUFACTURING SPECIFICATIONS - Fully machined, 1 piece frame spool, 1 piece spool, handle, and drag knob
- DRAG MATERIAL - Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- CONVERSION - Quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- FINISH - Custom two-tone type II anodized finish for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- FISHING APPLICATION - Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater and saltwater fishing environments