The Evolution LT is an updated version of the original Evolution series which was beyond a doubt one of the finest fly reels ever produced. This large arbor fly reel is a machining masterpiece and the lightest in its class. The Evolution LT is fitted with an aluminum spool cap, aluminum drag knob and aluminum escapement cover.
Our customers have been asking for more metal in their fly reel and that is exactly what you are going to get! To keep the weight in check with these improvements, we have also added ventilation to the spool and the frame, allowing for the addition of metal components with no measurable weight increase.
This series is designed for those anglers who appreciate both art and function. The cosmetic innovation and precision workmanship of the Evolution LT series is only surpassed by its drag system which is precise and sensitive – capable of protecting the lightest tippets even when battling world-class fish.
To guarantee the level of dependability consumers have come to expect from all Ross products, the Evolution LT series has been designed with a triple redundancy drag system, providing three backup systems to ensure dependability under the most demanding conditions.
- Frame/Spool Material 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool – manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
- Delrin 500AF drag with impregnated Teflon – space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Spool runs on an oil impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless steel spindle.
- Push-Button Quick release locking spool with easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Colors - Black and Platinum